Here are just a FEW of my notes and takeaways from Hillsong Conference 2017 in LA on November 2-4th
"The Blessing of Bold Obedience"
You have no idea what God can set in motion with your act of obedience.
- Obedience will attract significant spiritual opposition. If you're not ready to face opposition, then you're not ready to be used by God.
- Bold obedience often releases God's miracles.
- Bold obedience always requires faith.
Don't run from obedience because you want the details. He probably won't give you the details because the details will probably scare you. He will give you just enough to take ONE step at a time.
I don't have to understand completely to obey obediently.
"Content not settled"
Key to contentment = not wanting for anything knowing needs are met and strength is found in Christ. Be ready. Alert and on the move, in-sync with God. Excited to participate in this grand adventure WITH God.
Don't house in your soul what was birthed in your spirit.. -BCH
Would you rather reflect on the "great days of the past" or the "grace days" of the future. -BCH
- The absence of contentment is contention.
- In the absence of contentment is uselessness.
- In the absence of contentment is covetousness.
- In the absence of contentment is dissatisfaction.
- In the absence of contentment is abuse.
"So Will I"
As heirs of the Most High, we have blessings, anointing, and provision to avail.
3 things to include myself in:
- I choose PRAISE
- I choose JUSTICE
- I choose LOVE
All you gotta do to go to hell is NOTHING. What am I doing for HEAVEN'S sake? -JF
- Big doors swing on little hinges. Keep doing what you're doing and your gift will make room for you.
- I will do what I can, God will do what I can't.
- Big breakthroughs are less likely than a chain of reward according to consistent obedience.
- If we will love the people nobody wants...God will send those everybody wants.
- In response to the question, "HOw did you know you were called to preach?" Simple answer: It was a burden. A "got to."
- Wonder saves us from perpetual wander.
- Will I allow wonder to lead my life or will I allow worry to lead my life?
Wonder : I'm depending on and believing God
Wander : I'm depending on my own wisdom and strength
- When asking yourself, "I wonder if I have what it takes..." Embrace the truth: I DON'T. (But God will grace me for it.)
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, knit together in my mother's womb. -Psalm 139:13-14
- People are wonderful. (Even if they don't act like it all the time). We get encouraged by this truth yet we conveniently forget or position ourselves overly righteous as if there's some invisible exclusion list and that somehow we're more entitled and falsely equipped to be judge and jury on who this passage does and does not apply to. (Whoa)
Preconceived Graceism: How is it we can agree that racism is wrong at the same time we apply "graceism"...meaning we apply grace only to those we deem deserving. Let's decide to give unconditional grace because we have received it...we're commanded to give it.
Christians are great at answering questions nobody is asking. Trying to solve problems they aren't specifically called to, have experience in or compassion for. Some things are simply tensions to be managed rather than problems to be solved with some simple Christian solution but maybe instead a simple "I love you and I'll walk with you through this."
I'm not allowed to quit. It's going to be hard. I'm going to be tired. Expect it. Quitting is not a reason, it's an excuse.